Monday, November 19, 2007

Cold Weather


Cold Weather
Originally uploaded by julio rodriguez
What is wrong with me? I feel so cold already. We have been getting flurries for the past couple of weeks and then it finally snowed yesterday but it did not stick. On thursday the high is going to be 29 degrees, that is the high not low. What do people do when the temperatures are going to drop 80 more degrees. Is this possible? We have hats, gloves, and coats but what do we do for the 80 lower degrees from now? It has been close to forty degrees lately and I have been told that in Jan/Feb it can be -40. Everyone says that it will only be that cold for a couple of weeks at the most. I guess I can handle that. I know that I will be acclimated to the weather when zero degrees feels warmer to me. This weather feels like MD and DE to me but this whole below zero thing will be a new adventure. In a sick way I am kind of looking forward to seeing what -40 feels like on my face.

5 comments:

Emily Norby said...

Yeah, it's great to know what -40 feels like on your face--and neck, and hands, and legs. And what -40 feel like when your arms are full of groceries and the kids just aren't walking quickly enough. And how warm 20 feels after experiencing the -40 phenomenon!

Anonymous said...

Alright hon, we need to get you back to AZ. It is 88 degrees right now and I can tell you it feels great!

amanda said...

Wow- that's crazy- -40!!!

Can you just hide out at home and not go out? (Except to feel it on your face once!)

Starley Family said...

Scary!!! I don't think I have ever experienced more than 20 below. You poor thing. Take care and melt marshmallows over a candle or something.

KatieB said...

that's miserable nanci, i'm glad you're getting to go to az for christmas...