Saturday, January 19, 2008

I will SURVIVE!




I have to be honest, being new to MN and all, I have been quite disappointed with the temperatures. I was expecting to be cold beyond belief and to shiver at night in my bed. Finally today it has reached a whole new level of cold. Finally I can say that I have really experienced cold weather. I took Rex to his primary activity at 10am this morning and it was -12 degrees outside. I don't have to walk in this blistering weather like Will but from what I understand after a quick speedy 5 minute walk to his car he felt his face stiffen with a tinge of pain. That is with a scarf wrapped around his face up to his eyes. I still want to see water pouring from a cup that soon turns to ice once it hits the ground, see small clusters of ice form on my eye lashes, and see my door lock become frozen. I am still waiting for it to be colder I guess. The weather guy said that with the wind chill it will be -40. I know that I am crazy, but I love this cold weather!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

OH MY GOSH Nanci!! you are insane!! you, as a native arizonan, saying such crazy things!! it was in the 30s and the wind was blowing last night and i was gonna freeze to death.......and NO SNOW HERE!! i think being in MN has affected your brain!! YOU ARE DEFINATELY NUTS!!

KatieB said...

you ARE crazy

Chrissy said...

Who are you and what did you do with my friend Nanci?

Erin said...

It does sound a little crazy. But, it's fun to experience new things, huh!?!

Jeff and Ashleigh said...

Yay Nanci! I know exactly the feeling! It hasn't broken the "below zero" mark here yet, but the night before last the low in Ogden was exactly zero. I, too am really enjoying the cold weather. Especially the snow! It just makes everything so beautiful. Sarah really likes it too. She gets sad when the sun comes out because it's going to "melt all the snow"