Monday, January 26, 2009

Winter Days

I'm so sorry that this is another post of snow and cold. Seriously, there is nothing else going on here is this darn state. I was feeling a little bitter towards mother nature when I woke up this morning and saw that it was -17 outside. Now I know why everyone and their mother take a trip down to Florida each spring (spring for you but still winter for us).


What do you do when its too cold to play outside?

Make a volcano cake of course! Rex's first request.


Or, you can go back outside because it is so much fun no matter what.


Looks like I could try freezing water in the air once again.

2 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

And you can also see why so many older people (snowbirds as they are called) go to AZ in the winter months. I'd probably do the same thing. That volcano cake is a really cute idea. I'm a HUGE frosting fan so I would probably make mine really explosive.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Nanci, I admire you for keeping two little pre-schoolers happy and entertained in such weather. You're a good mom.