Thursday, October 16, 2008

Can It Be?

I cannot believe that our summer is over. It was very short but we tried to spend every minute outside. It was so nice to wear flip flops and shorts everyday and the temp was so nice and cool that we only used the AC a couple of times. Tonight I had to turn the heater on inside my car for the first time in a long time. It was 36 degrees outside and I thought that I was going to freeze to death. Funny how in just a few months that temp will feel very warm.























I was trying to make dinner one evening and I thought that if I got the finger paint out for Rex and Ella that it would keep them busy for a few minutes. Even though I was close by, I did not look over at them until it was too late. I heard a lot of giggling and then I saw that things got a little out of hand. I think that Ella decided to eat the paint (she still puts everything into her mouth) and Rex knew better than to eat it so he smeared it all over his face and hair.

9 comments:

KatieB said...

Good to see Will still has his Penn State hat. Will you will come to Texas when you are done w/ school (done w/ a wave of the hand as yoda would do it). There will be much golfing and extracting.

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Brrrr...36 degrees? Wow I would be having convulsions from shivering. MN summers are so nice and it looks like you guys had a funfilled one.

KatieB said...

um, as you can tell, chad made that previous comment. i was just going to say what great summer pictures! you are turning into quite the photographer!

twestfam4 said...

It was so fun seeing your blog. Your kids are getting so big, they both have changed so much from last time I saw you. I'm jealous look at all that hair Ella has. My girls hair takes forever to grow. I hope you enjoyed your summer, because its going to be a cooooolllldddd winter!! Nanci where is your FB profile??? It was nice talking to you last week.

The Farnsworth Family said...

I am sorry Summer is over, but it looked like you had so much fun! I love the finger painting craziness. Your trip to the pumpkin patch and zoo look like so much fun! Fall looks so beautiful there.

emily said...

love the photo of them on the bridge. and your photos of the fall leaves are great- still waiting for the leaves to change around here!

Shasta said...

Ella is getting so tall. I wonder who she gets it from? You or Will? Anyway, besides being cold how is it there? We are in VA now. Not nearly as cold but very beautiful. Do you wish you were back in DE?

Starley Family said...

I just love the picture of ella in the glasses. Your kids are just darling!!!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

You look like you just have WAY too much fun at your house. You did a great job of capturing the summer. I have to say you are a great mom because only great mom's allow finger painting, that is why my kids are never allowed to do it : )