Our library gives out free passes to many different parks and museums all around the metro area. If you travel to 15 different places you are entered in to win a free membership from one of the museums. So, now that I know that the weather is ridiculous for 7 months out of the year, I have decided to take my chances to win a free membership for those cold months ahead. Here is a look at a few of the places that we visited recently.
Fort Snelling. This place looks very similar to Fort McHenry. People were all dressed up and in character. The fort sits right at the Mississippi River and the Minnesota River. All of the trees remind me of Maryland.
Fort Snelling. If I turn my back I can bet that they will climb on anything.
Como Zoo. The first time Rex saw this he said, "R-E-X spells flower." He's a funny boy.
Rex paying homage to the "Rex" plant. He asks to see it each time we go to the conservatory.
UofM Arboretum one of our favorite places. We fed the fishies some fruit loops that were in my bag...I just hope that it did not rip a hole in a fish's gut.
Ella will ask me to put these wings on her every single day...and I love it!
Yes, that's my son out there who cannot swim, in water that is up to his chin.
We love to go to Lake Elmo and swim each week with our ward.
Rex trying to lick the water.
4 comments:
Nanci, you're brilliant to try to win a pass for the winter.
Rex paying homage to his plant is funny. Every child should get to think his name means flower!
They are so adorable! I think it's great that you guys visit all the cool museums and sights everywhere you live. It's something that I would love to try to do more of. I also think it's amazing that the library gives out free passes! I wish ours did that!
That's so funny with Rex and the flower. I hope the fish are okay. Does the fact that the lake that you go to name is Elmo make Rex and Ella even more excited to go? That's really cool that your ward goes every week and that you have been able to go to all of those fun places.
Way to go visiting museums and trying to win a free pass. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
Baby Ella isn't a baby any more. Makes me so sad. =( Mia still talks about her.
I love Rex and his plant. What a sweet boy. How fun that he can spell his name!
Hugs,
Lisa
Post a Comment