We started our day with a relaxing morning at the beach (it is actually a man made lake that has clean filtered water in it, but everyone around here calls it the beach). After naps we headed out for a bbq, games, and more food than we needed to eat. We enjoyed a good show of fireworks that someone had purchased on their own, not sure if it was legal or not but it was awesome! Rex and Ella enjoyed the little sparklers the most. At about 10pm, that's right you heard me correctly. At about 10pm we walked over to the neighborhood park and watched a professional fireworks show up close. It was a fun day and it was even more fun for me to watch Rex and Ella enjoy the fireworks.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
4th of July
We started our day with a relaxing morning at the beach (it is actually a man made lake that has clean filtered water in it, but everyone around here calls it the beach). After naps we headed out for a bbq, games, and more food than we needed to eat. We enjoyed a good show of fireworks that someone had purchased on their own, not sure if it was legal or not but it was awesome! Rex and Ella enjoyed the little sparklers the most. At about 10pm, that's right you heard me correctly. At about 10pm we walked over to the neighborhood park and watched a professional fireworks show up close. It was a fun day and it was even more fun for me to watch Rex and Ella enjoy the fireworks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I loved sparklers when I was little too, except when I was introduced to them. I freaked out and was afraid they would hurt me. BUt I quickly got over that. 10pm firework show? That is late, I guess they do have to wait until it to gets dark.
What a great traditional 4th of July! Parks, BBQ, and fireworks. Isaac's preschool actually did a July 4th celebration as a multi-cultural event. They asked for my help, so I donated an American flag and a cd with Born in the USA, Surfin' USA, and R.O.C.K. in the USA. The kids marched around with some shakers and we had a parade. I brought some root beer, which British people love, and some American snack food like Goldfish and pretzel sticks. It was fun to get to celebrate being American!
How fun!!! We missed out on the fireworks this year my kids were bummed! I am so glad you had such a fun day!
I love seeing kids' reactions to fireworks. Something about it seems so brand new and exciting to them. Happy fourth!
Wow great photos! You are a better parent than me at 10pm. I think Katelyn and Sarah would have just cried in all honesty. They cried from the pops coming from our neighbors show.
Cute pics. I would like to go to the beach!
Oh- and you are so lucky to have your once a week sanity check!!!!!
Thanks for checking in on us. When the countdown expires you should definitely think about the pacific northwest I really do like it here :). The kids are getting so big. Aren't preschoolers fun?
Post a Comment