Monday, May 30, 2011

Thursday Is The Day


One of the few perks of having gestational diabetes is that you get to have a million ultrasounds. Since I was about 7 weeks along this baby has been measuring small consistently. Even my due date was pushed back a whole week. I have been measuring 3 cm since 37 weeks. This time my placenta is looking like it is ready to be done as well. So, this Thursday my OB is going to break my water! She even said that I could have an epidural first and then have my water broken....how weird is that? Go in with ZERO contractions, have an epidural, push, and a baby comes out?!?! Last time with Olivia there was an unexpected 2 hour delay with the patient ahead of me and the anethesiologist could not get to me. My contractions were less than a minute apart for the 2 hours and nobody checked me and as soon as the epidural was placed, I was already at a 10. I think that I was a 10 for awhile but the nurse and OB forgot to check me and I was too busy feeling my insides splitting in half to ask. So grateful that nobody checked me and that the epidural was placed. Ok, so if this gestational diabetes diet has been working and the ultrasounds are somewhat accurate....this little guy should be a lot smaller than the past 3. Hopefully 6 months of spinach and dark green lettuce helped him to be a little peanut. We hope that he is healthy and we are all excited to meet him soon.

5 comments:

Shasta said...

That's what happened to me as well...the placenta started to give and I went into labor. I hated eating the diabetic diet in the hospital. Yuck!!! Congrats on your little one. Yea for babies!!!

Erin said...

Congrats! I hope everything goes well!

Nicole said...

Hope everything goes well! So exciting to have a little one on the way!!!

MacMui Mom said...

we will pray that all goes well and that he is healthy. Looking forward to hearing more!!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! But ummm…when do we get to see a belly picture?!? Hopefully your epidural will be wonderful, your baby perfectly small, and everything will go as smooth as can be. Can't wait to see your newest little one!