5 years ago this month Will graduated from Dental School. It was a big accomplishment and a lot of hard work. Now looking back I am thinking about how it is all just relative. Neither of us had any idea how difficult and stressful this residency would become. Nothing could have prepared me for the many lonely nights, holidays, and countless occasions of tears shed onto my pillow. These past 4 years often seem dark and awful but I think that we have learned that we are capable of enduring a lot of things and holding up to many challenges (almost) completely on our own. I really look forward to the day when Will will no longer work 7 days a week and collapse when his head touches his pillow. It has been hard to watch him work so hard on such little food and rest. There are many things that he has missed out on but I am really looking forward to the time that we will soon have him back. Only 38 more days.
We have a tradition here at our home decorating each other's bedroom door for their birthday. Ella really likes little things such as hearts, flowers, and rainbows. I am definitely not an artist but I tried my best to draw those silly things that she likes. I totally felt like a little girl as I sat there with my markers drawing rainbows.
Ella turns 5! She was very excited about this cake. I had no idea that making this cake could be so fun. My grandma made me a cake just like this one when I was little and I remembering trying to figure out how she got the doll inside the cake without messing it up.
Happy Easter!
Egg Hunt. I was too tired to host my annual Hunt-n-Brunch this year. So, I just kept things fun and simple.
...and just how cold does it get in Minnesota? Cold enough to do this.
Frozen PJ's in Minnesota. The kids really love doing this. It is the end of March in this photo and I could not believe that it was still cold enough to have frozen PJ's.
St. Patty's Day at our house. We don't really celebrate this holiday but we will certainly find a reason to make a wacky green breakfast. They ate everything except for the green eggs. I don't blame them. There is something weird about the thought of eating green eggs.
She's got some eyelashes there! Not sure where that gene came from.
Will's Birthday. Too bad he looks so tired. Poor guy.
Miss Olivia
Will is building a snow cave with the kids.
3 comments:
Congratulations on [almost] making it to the end of residency!
And high-five to you for hanging in there. You too deserve a certificate and applause and a raise and whatever else Will gets for finishing :)
Congratulations in advance! You two deserve a vacation! Your birthday tradition looks fun. I bet your kids really feel special on their day.
We're so excited for your family!! You are definitely so close.
My grandma used to make cakes like that for us too, they're my favorite. You did a really good job.
Olivia's eyelashes are amazing, I wish mine were that full, lucky girl!
Post a Comment