Tuesday, February 8, 2011

School Bus Accident

I received that dreaded phone call last week from a police officer telling me that Rex's school bus was in an accident. All I knew was that his face hit the window. I took him to the pediatrician who evaluated him and suspected that Rex might have a facial fracture. Not good. I really needed to talk to Will since he deals with facial fractures all of the time. It happened to be a day that he was in surgery for most of the day. Darn. Our doctor sent us to the Children's Hospital for Rex to get a CT scan. I sent Will a text about what was going on knowing that it would be better to speak to him then have him receive a text about a possible facial fracture. It turns out that the CT scan showed no facial fracture. Thank goodness. At the end of the day I was able to grill Will on what would have happened if it was a fracture and let me tell you that I am 100 times more thankful that he is okay. He was so excited to tell his class about the incident.




4 comments:

MacMui Mom said...

Oh my!! he looks like he lost a fight. We are sooo glad he is okay and that his dad did not ahve to get involved. Give Rex a big hug from us!!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Oh wow! Glad it wasn't a fracture.

KatieB said...

what a nightmare! i don't understand why school buses don't have seatbelts. glad he's okay!

Laura said...

Wow! Scary, nightmare phone call news!! I'm glad he's doing well. And now that everything is okay, he has a great story and an awesome, gory picture to share! :)