Today was our Primary program at church. Rex has been practicing his part for the last several weeks and he could not be any more excited to talk into the microphone. I was a little nervous for him and I had to bribe him with goldfish to get him to sit with his class. As soon as he sat down he seemed to be happy as long as he had a snack in his lap and he could see where we were sitting. Rex was the first one to go and his line was very simple, "I am a child of God." I don't know why but as soon as he said those few words my eyes gushed with tears. He and every sunbeam in his class truly spoke with a sweet and tender heart. Their lines were simple but so sweet and pure. It made me almost want to be three and innocent again.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
My Little Sunbeam
Today was our Primary program at church. Rex has been practicing his part for the last several weeks and he could not be any more excited to talk into the microphone. I was a little nervous for him and I had to bribe him with goldfish to get him to sit with his class. As soon as he sat down he seemed to be happy as long as he had a snack in his lap and he could see where we were sitting. Rex was the first one to go and his line was very simple, "I am a child of God." I don't know why but as soon as he said those few words my eyes gushed with tears. He and every sunbeam in his class truly spoke with a sweet and tender heart. Their lines were simple but so sweet and pure. It made me almost want to be three and innocent again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so sweet, I love the Primary Program and watching the Sunbeams is always my favorite part.
Yay for your first primary program! Brayden and Audri did their's yesterday too. My favorite sacrament of the year, hands down! Hooray for Rex. Just be lucky that it was goldfish that motivated...somehow my kids are only moved by cold hard cash these days (and yes a penny is as good as a quarter ;)
really looking forward to it. Hope to see you in a few weeks!!!
Lisa
maybe one day i'll see my kids up there... i'm guessing it won't be this year. ours is on the 26th... i'm not holding my breath.
Post a Comment