Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mmmmmm Guerrero's for dinner!



You will absolutely NOT find cream of chicken soup in their enchiladas, cheese whiz or rice in your burro, ground up hamburger meat in anything (only shredded/pulled pork or beef), or various amounts of cilantro and black beans (only refried baby). This restuarant is Guerrero's in Tempe AZ and this is a picture of the owners Norma and Victor. Their food is so good! You are looking at the only two workers and owners of this tiny restaurant. It seems like the small mom and pop mexican food stands always have the best food. I like to get the egg and chorizo burro but don't even think about it if you are on a diet. The chorizo is not fat free :) Another favorite in AZ is Espo's (short for Espinoza's) in Chandler. I love their red chile and tortillas, they have a small market next door where you can buy their chorizo and tortillas uncooked. Anytime I come to AZ I must eat at these restaurants several times. Will is another story. He likes to go to Filaberto's that is known for giving people food poisoning. I don't understand it myself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a good photographer if I might say so myself! mmmmm i could go for an egg and chorizo burro right now! Kati

emily said...

sounds like some good grub nanci! so nice you got to go home for a while. i'll have to admit- i was about to get on you for not updating for so long... but i'll let it slide now that i know you were on vacation! so happy will got to go, even for just 2 days! em

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love the Gurrero's and their food even more. If you're in the valley you have to try it out. We have been going to their place for 25 years. Mom

Emily said...

Sheesh. All this talk of good food might warrant my first ever trip to Arizona! Yum!