Friday, December 10, 2010

Bits O' Summer

Going on day 2 of being trapped inside because of the Arctic Tundra that awaits me outside. The snow finally stopped blowing in it's fiery whirlwind of painful blows to the face. Now that it is safe to go outside, the temps have fallen below zero. My body really does not enjoy breathing in air that falls below zero. Have you ever experienced it? Your nose is the first body part to let you know that the temperature is subzero. How do you know? Everything inside that region (the nose) freezes, pulls, tightens, and hurts almost instantly. That is how you know. I guess this means that I have time to put a few pictures up on my blog that I have neglected.






Ella's first day of preschool. She will start kindergarten in just one year. Time flies.







Spoon With The Cherry. Minneapolis










Big day for Rex




First Day of Kindergarten. I cannot believe this day has come already.




Rex's Kindergarten locker. This is where he hangs up his snow pants, boots, hat, snow mittens, backpack, and fleece gloves. Growing up in AZ I always wanted a cool locker like this with a nice indoor hallway. Not a chance in AZ.




Silly face pancakes for the first day of school. Not sure how many years this will go on before they don't think it is cool anymore. I like it though :)




Rex really begged and begged for me to take off his training wheels this summer. I kept telling him that his Dad would be able to teach him. The days soon turned into weeks and Will was still working 7 days a week. Finally in August, I gave in and took the wheels off myself and taught him how to ride without training wheels. Both of us giggled a lot because for some reason we were both nervous but for different reasons. Rex was fearful of falling and I was clueless as to how to teach him. Somehow Rex figured it out after two days of practicing. His favorite part is pushing hard on his brakes so he can hear the sound of the tires rubbing on the street.



Once Ella saw Rex ride his bike without training wheels she reassured me that she loves her training wheels. Then she saw the cool card that Rex got in the mail from his Grammy and she was immediately determined to ride no more with training wheels. That was all it took. A simple card in the mail. Only one week after watching her brother reach that goal she was sure that she would do the same. And she did.






Poor Livvy





We picked raspberries this summer. They sure tasted so much better straight from the bush.




CUTE Olivia









0 comments: