Thankful for our extended family. This was the very first time that we had family come and visit us for a holiday. I was super excited to say the least.
Rex is thankful for the school bus, microphones, and rockets.
Ella is thankful for wheels, fish, and Sister Yang.
Thankful that Will was home and not on call for once.
Thankful that Christie and Rick drove a long way to come here for Thanksgiving. Rex is SO thankful for his Uncle Rick. Even though he mistakenly called him Dad several times (Ella called him Dad also). I can't blame them. Will is never here and Rick looks like his twin.
Oh, the joys of decorating for Christmas.
Until someone knocks the tree down.
Or breaks the ornaments. This happened several times within a few hours. Each time I started to raise my voice to stop Rex from spinning the tree around and around, he would yell at the top of his lungs, "Merry Christmas Mom." I was seriously thinking about putting the tree back in the garage. The novelty is sort of wearing off.
Our friends had a party to celebrate Sinterklaas. It's a Dutch thing. The kids had a ball. I think that we totally confused them because they were familiar with hearing Santa Claus and not Sinterklaas. I missed hearing the story about who he is because I was in the hallway in time-out with Rex. It was definitely a good excuse to have a party and a lot of yummy food.
This is the first year that I had to put the gingerbread house up and away. These two like to gnaw on it like little mice.
Ella likes to sing all day "You've got a friend in ME." Then she proceeds to laugh at herself for singing.
5 comments:
What great pictures! So glad you guys had some fun family time for Thanksgiving!
Nanci, your family is so darling. I love that Rex and Ella nibble on the gingerbread house and the thought of a twirling tree. What a great mom you are.
Fun pictures! I think I would call Rick Will too! I didn't realize he looked so much like his brother. Looks like you are having a fun and crazy holiday season! Miss you!
I loved hearing about your tree decorating! It sounds like Rex had his own agenda!
Hi, Will and Nanci!! I found your blog from Emily's; I'm Will's cousin, Laura. I'm so excited you have a blog so we can "stalk" you guys! :o) It's so wonderful to stay close to cousins through blogs. Your children are so absolutely adorable! I can't BELIEVE how horribly cold it is, though! Brrrrr. I hope you guys continue to have a wonderful Christmas season!!!
Post a Comment