We had the perfect Saturday last weekend. We walked/ran/played on a frozen lake, went sledding, and paid a visit to Santa Claus. Will was gone at work and I decided to take the kids to a frozen lake. I was terrified to go but I knew that I had to try it while I was here at some point and time.
When I first stepped onto the lake I thought that it was weird that I could see black asphalt under the snow. As I walked further I knew that it could not be asphalt, it had to be the frozen ice. I was expecting it to be white and not black. That was when I felt a chill go up my spine. What am I doing on this frozen lake by myself with two little monkeys? There was a group of men ice fishing on the lake close by. If you look close in some of the photos you can see their small little tents set up onto the ice. I tried to stay near the fishermen, assuming they knew where it was safe to walk.
Rex was eagerly looking for fish under the ice.
Constantly running from here to there.
Making a skinny snowman together.
I wanted to take a picture here for our Christmas card but Rex and Ella were busy doing.....
Some of this....
Lots of this.....
They had lots of fun. I couldn't capture a perfect picture for Christmas but I was able to capture them having a good time.
7 comments:
A frozen lake!!! BRRRRR.
It looks like your kids had such a fun time.
I just love to read about your adventures, Nanci. You're such a good mom to expose your kids to so many things despite your fears.
I love your closing line and that last photo is Christmas card perfect!
Oh wow, that's sooo cold. That's always scary looking into the ice, but there are people who go over those lakes in big trucks and snowmobiles, so you were definitely safe. Cute snowman :)
That looks like fun, but cold!!! We are still in the 20s which is cold enough for me. I love the pictures though, they look like thry are having so much fun. We miss you guys.
They are so cute in their snow gear! I'm glad they had fun.
Hi there, I am Aunt Jackie, Uncle Archie's wife. I am glad Laura found you and posted a link. This way I can keep up with you a little. Still in school, living where that it is so cold. I have a lot to catch up on. I will check in on your blog from time to time.
I love the pics of them playing in the snow!! They are adorable. I would kinda be scared on the ice even if it is frozen through. I guess I have seen too many movies. Hope you are staying warm :) Miss you.
Post a Comment