
We went to Arizona recently for my Grandpa's funeral. Will was able to come with me because the funeral was during his vacation time. I made a mad dash to the store to find sandals and short sleeved shirts at a moments notice. I was glad to have the much needed help and we were all looking forward to seeing family again.

This is the only Grandpa that I knew. He was the funniest grandpa that anybody could ask for. I spoke with him a few weeks before he died and he was still trying to pull my leg and make me think that I had dialed the wrong number. He was at every important event in my life. He baptized me, he was our sealer when we were married in the temple (still trying to make jokes during this time too), he held each of my children as they were blessed. For years he would call my brother on the telephone and pretend that he was Joe Montana and talk to my brother about the football game. He would hide our dinner plates as he asked us to look another direction quickly. He told all of his grandchildren that he had no hair because Grandma had gotten mad at him and pulled it all out. I am going to miss him dearly. It was painful to say goodbye but I know that I will see him again.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILL here are some fun facts about Will.
-He is always willing to pull over and change a flat tire for a stranger on the side of the road.
-At the age of 3 he went to the Phoenix Zoo and a wolf jumped up and took a bite from his index finger. He has the scar to prove it! He still remembers details from the experience.
-He has Barry White on his iPod. Ooh yeah.
-While camping as a young boy, he set the forrest on fire!
-While eating from a bag of chips he will look at each chip and will only choose a chip with the most "stuff" on it. If the chip does not have enough cheddar on it, then it goes back to the bag it came from.
-He is super great at helping with laundry/folding. I don't even have to ask, he will just pitch in.....can't say the same for cleaning toilets.
-He really admired his father and often talks about how he wants to be like him.
Happy Birthday to Dad, Traci, Jett, Adam, and me. We celebrated 6 birthdays in the 1 week that we were in AZ. That is what happens when your ENTIRE (almost) family lives there.




I know that toes are ugly...but don't look at the toes...look at the cool nail polish!
15 comments:
We were so glad that we were able to visit with you guys while you were down here and that we were able to celebrate your birthdays. I really need to go and get my toenails done at that place, I live right by there!
Sorry it was for such a sad occasion but I'm glad you had fun. And the toes are lovely!
Cute toes! I can't believ how big Ella has gotten as well as Rex. We miss you guys tons and still talk about you. Mia still has her doll, Ella. Hugs and Happy Birthday!!!
Lisa and Miss Mia
Wow! You had a busy week! First off, sorry to hear about your grandpa. What wonderful memories you have with him. Happy Birthday to you and Will! No mention on what number you both are celebrating, huh?
PS-I am opposite of Will with the chips. If it has too much cheese or spice I put it back!
We miss you guys. I'm glad you got to go and visit family. I just wish we could have been there to visit with you. Sarah would have loved to hang out with Rex and Ella. Alex and Lucas would have loved having a little friend around too.
i am sorry about your grandpa. sounds like quite the man. my grandpa would hide our plates as well! about the chips... i too like a loaded chip, but what's with people and putting chips back in the bag??! that's just wrong.
Nanci, Thanks for that nice tribute to Grandpa. You made me all teary. Happy Birthday to You, Will and everyone else. It is a busy birthday time for us. You and Will make a great team. I agree, putting the chips back in the bag is not right. Does he take a bite out the chocolate and and put it back too??? love mom
Your Blog made me cry again!! How Grandpa would have loved it. He was and is a great man and loved each of you children, grandchildren and great grandchildren so much. The house is so lonely wihtout him. I'm really doing o.k. The girls keep me busy with all kinds of things. I love all of you so much. I will keep watching your blog for news. Grandma
So sorry to hear about your grandpa. Sounds like he really left a special mark on your life.
I'll bet it was nice to feel some heat for a change!
And- Happy Birthday!
I miss you Nanci!
Your grandpa sounds like a wonderful man. Ooohhh the sunshine! I miss feeling hot from the sun.
i love all your pedicure updates...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
So I didn't understand which grandpa past away.. I just now connected that it was the grandpa that sealed Todd & I! What a awesome guy! Well we were so happy to see you guys! Of course we always want to see you for longer, but we enjoyed the visit we had. I'm so glad Will likes the DVD!
Nanci,
I LOVED this post. I haven't every had a pedicure and your toes let me know I'm missing out.
Post a Comment