I suppose that it is safe to say that I have no common sense left in my brain. I had to take a Minnesota driver's license test in order to renew my license today. I was asked to take a knowledge exam on a computer consisting of forty questions. No problem. I have been driving now for many years and this test should be super easy. Well, I was wrong. I missed questions about what my legal alcohol level can be in MN (why should I care about that?), and how many feet exactly I must keep from a bicyclist on the road (3 ft. is the answer, personally I think that is too close), and how many feet exactly I must stay behind a school bus while it is stopped (answers were 20, 30, or 50). Does anybody in MN really know the correct answers? The computer screen told me that I failed the test. I just sat there starring at the computer screen in shock. I felt so awful inside. I stood in line again to get my documents back from the desk and a very young girl with white eye liner and gold lipstick told me that she passed with no problems. GREAT! Now I feel dumber-er-er. I walked out of the DMV with no dignity and a small knot in my stomach.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Where is my brain?
I suppose that it is safe to say that I have no common sense left in my brain. I had to take a Minnesota driver's license test in order to renew my license today. I was asked to take a knowledge exam on a computer consisting of forty questions. No problem. I have been driving now for many years and this test should be super easy. Well, I was wrong. I missed questions about what my legal alcohol level can be in MN (why should I care about that?), and how many feet exactly I must keep from a bicyclist on the road (3 ft. is the answer, personally I think that is too close), and how many feet exactly I must stay behind a school bus while it is stopped (answers were 20, 30, or 50). Does anybody in MN really know the correct answers? The computer screen told me that I failed the test. I just sat there starring at the computer screen in shock. I felt so awful inside. I stood in line again to get my documents back from the desk and a very young girl with white eye liner and gold lipstick told me that she passed with no problems. GREAT! Now I feel dumber-er-er. I walked out of the DMV with no dignity and a small knot in my stomach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Awww- that's sad :(
I, myself, dread going to the DMV.
But for what it's worth I really like the llama picture!!!!!
So sorry Nanci! Sounds like something that would totally happen to me too! :)
I really like your family picture. You look very stylish! We drove 30 minutes to a "farm park" today (our substitute for the zoo) and it was closed for winter weather. There was no rain and it was probably in the low 40s. So it made me laugh that your zoo was open in -6 weather!
I did that same thing when we moved to Seattle. Glad to know I'm not the only retard :)
I can totally imagine being in the sitauation!!
AHH! I hadn't even thought that might happen! We still haven't changed our licenses over to Utah yet. It would probably be a good idea to find out if they're going to make me take a test first. I think I would probably fail it too. I have no idea how many feet to leave for anything. I just leave what I feel is safe (And I'm extremely conservative!) So sorry, Nanci. I hope they'll let you take it again.
Poor Nanci! I hate going to the DMV for so many reasons! Your weather thing on your blog says
7. Yikes!
Oh, nanci! I feel your pain! I failed my OR drivers exam too (yeah, like I know the OR blood alcohol level, OR how far away to stay from a horse that may be on the road...and what to do if it gets spooked...but I digress) I was 7 months pregnant and cried all day because of it. Oh, well, I am a much smarter person now that I know those things (cause I passed the second time :) Oh, btw...I tagged you. Check my blog for rules if you want to play.
oh, yeah, and I forgot to add: even though I failed the OR test, they gave me back my Maryland license...so apparently I was ok to drive on the roads with that license, I just couldn't have an Oregon one. Weird.
Post a Comment