I have been tagged. I will now tag Lisa, Erin, Ashleigh, Elena, and Dionne. I am not sure who has been tagged already so you can just consider yourself tagged if you are reading this. Read on......
10 Years Ago
I was serving a mission in Detroit, Michigan. People only knew me as Sister Araiza and it was a daily task for me to clarify with strangers that I was not a catholic nun. My day consisted of working my guts out to find long lost souls in the rough streets of Detroit. Still to this day it was the single most difficult and enjoyable experience of my life! Oh, and I was still writing to Will at this time ;)
5 Things On My List Of Things To Do Today
-Prepare my YW lesson
-Paint my bathroom
-Reorganize Rex’s picture schedule
-Order books online (sometimes its just easier than loading everyone up to go to the store w/me)
-Clean and then clean some more
Things I Would Do If I Suddenly Became A Billionaire
There are a lot of things but I will only list a few.
-Hire a fashion consultant and a good hair stylist
-Payoff all of our student loans
-Go crazy in Williams-Sonoma
-Buy my brother any house that he wanted
-Build a Head Start school
-Free or affordable healthcare for everyone! I know that will cost more than a billion.
3 Of My Bad Habits
-I procrastinate preparing all Sunday school lessons
-I curl my toes under my feet
-I tend to daydream while people are talking to me
Places I Have Lived
Arizona
Michigan
Maryland
Delaware
Minnesota
Previous Jobs
Space Age Automotive Supply store. My very first job and this is where I met Will.
Dillards in the junior department.
ABA therapist for children with Autism.
Chase Bank in the fraud department…..worst job ever!
Kid Zone after school program during college.
Bank of America teller. Money is dirty!
Early Childhood teacher at Head Start. Yay! My first real job.
Substitute teacher until Rex was born.
Things Most People Don’t Know About Me
-I am terrified of little people. My biggest fear is that I will have to sit right next to one on an airplane. People always laugh when I say this but it is truly a fear that I have and I think that I developed it while I was younger from watching Poltergeist, troll movies, and too many Umpa Loompas. I am too old to have this fear but I don’t know how to get over it.
-At the age of seven a neighbor girl told me that I was mexican and so I cried and went home and asked my mom if it was true. She said “yes” and I was even more upset that nobody ever decided to mention this to me. My parents still laugh about this.
-Sometimes I think that I have “Middle Child Syndrome.” Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!
-In junior high I went to a Milli Vanilli concert....sssweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love this! So interesting.
Funny facts! Love the Mexican story! I have a suggestion to get over your fear of little people. There is such a great show on TLC called, "Little People Big World". It's just a show about this family who are both little people and normal size and their every day activities. It is so great. You forget that they are little people and realize that they are just like anyone else. It's a favorite in our house. Plus they live in Oregon!
Nanci I loved reading this. We have been related for forever now and I still feel like I barely know anything about you... so this was super fun for me to read. You are way more interesting than I am for sure! BTW we totally don't have a house cleaner...ha ha ha I wish. My mom just gets me a cleaner after I have had a baby each time for a month or so as part of her gift to me. In AZ I don't know of one so I was just making sure I don't miss out on my favorite baby gift ever :)
I did my tag. It's fun info. Although after I did it, I found out that I'm not all that interesting. Cute new background, by the way.
I loved learning more about you! It is amazing what you know and don't know about people. BTW everytime we go to Dillards Rick always says, "Nanci used to work in Dillards, I remember visiting her with Will."
Post a Comment