This is my greatest weakness! Most women can't stop themselves from eating chocolate or some kind of sweet treat. Not me, I like chocolate but I know that I can definately live without it. I can sit down and devour many tamales, I will keep eating them even if I am full. I just love them! The masa is my favorite part and Will thinks that is the worst part of the tamale. I really need to learn how to make them but when I hear of my dad and his sisters spending an entire weekend making them together I feel even more discouraged in learning how to make them. By myself and an entire weekend? I don't think so! Although I am excited to see my family in a few days I am also excited to see a dozen of my little friends wrapped up in corn husks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Here's some sad news for you. I have never had a good Tamale! People will give me a bite of theirs and say, "But this isn't a good one." I would take any Mexican food from the West for Christmas! Yum! Have fun on your trip!!
I'm with Will on this one. In Honduras during Christmas people would give us tamales at every house we went to. I would fill my backpack up and give them to the "poor and needy". Have fun in Arizona. Tell Will to come to see us in NYC during Christmas. It will be like when he was a bachelor during first year.
Are you bagging on my Tamales? Will will be sad to not have Chrissy around to keep him well fed. I think Will is too busy this year to feel sorry for himself. The last day he had off was Thanksgiving day, can you believe it?
Mmmmm...I do love me some good Mexican food! My favorite.
That's so cute that you can gorge yourself on Tamales, of all things!
Post a Comment